Every day encounters...

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Is it normal to have a midlife crisis at 23? A full on midlife crisis.
From what I googled, it appears to be the ab-norm, as 23 is not your mid life. I guess that would make me the ab-norm. Thanks for that confirmation Google, as if this is something new to me.
Back to my midlife crisis; I am unhappy at school, I am unhappy with everything I have to wear in my closet. My friends are all pissing me off, my favorite sibling is not my favorite anymore, my business that I worked two years to build is of no interest to me anymore and I even find myself hating my hair color. I am graduating from college with a 3.9 GPA and even that is pissing me off!!! I have a great life and I should really be quite happy, so the only explanation for all this negativity is that I am having a midlife crisis.
I think this is due to the lack of passion I'm putting into all the aspects of my life. Lets not confuse passion with effort, I put in A+ effort but A+ effort into something I have zero passion about. (That is not a contradiction.)
I have never been one of those people that was super passionate about anything, and maybe that is the issue. The only things that I ever had a deep liking for was shopping and I am too logical of a person to plan on shopping for the rest of my life, let alone try to make a living out of it. With all that being said, I am about to embark on a journey to find my passion in life.

-XO I need to start my journey. (AKA pour myself an alcoholic beverage and do some studying.)

1 comment:

  1. I kinda had one of this "crises" and they're fake! That's all the things you say to yourself all the time and really make your brain think that your life sucks and you hate everything.You should start to see beauty in small things , small gestures and love yourself more.In this world everything changes so the hardest challenge in life is to love yourself and remain always who you really are.

    xoxo

    http://styliciouscandy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Powered by Blogger.

Followers